Mmmmmm pot roast in the crock pot! It’s easy, it’s delicious, and the smell of it cooking all day teases your appetite! Here’s my version:
Season the roast with ground sea salt, freshly ground pepper, garlic powder and celery seeds and place it in the middle of the crock pot.
Now, try to go about your day while the aroma of it all wafts through the house, tempting you to sneak a taste. When the meat is nice and tender, place the veggies in bowls, remove the roast to a cutting board and let cool for about 10 minutes. If you need to thicken the gravy, leave the crock pot on high, whisk equal parts of cornstarch and cold water together and stir it into the crock pot. Cover and let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the roast across the grain. When the gravy has thickened, transfer it to a bowl or gravy boat and enjoy your meal!
Crock Pot Roast
- 01 03 lb. boneless chuck roast
- 01 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 01 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 01 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 02 cloves of garlic
- 04 – 05 small red potatoes
- 01 large Vidalia onion
- 06 carrots
- 02 stalks of celery
- ½ lb. mushrooms
- 01 package of onion soup mix
- 01 10 ounce can of cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ Cup Marsala wine
- 1 Cup water
- Season the roast with sea salt, ground pepper, garlic powder and celery seeds, and place in the crock pot.
- Cut each clove of garlic in half and place one piece on each side of the roast
- Cut potatoes into 2 inch chunks and arrange around the roast, leaving room in between each for the onions.
- Cut onion in half then cut each half into thirds and place between the potatoes.
- Peel and cut the carrots into 2 inch pieces of equal thickness. Place around the roast on top of potatoes and onions.
- Dice the celery into small cubes and spread over the top of the roast.
- Slice the mushroom and layer over the celery.
- Sprinkle the onion soup mix over everything.
- Dollop the cream of mushroom soup over all.
- Fill the empty cream of mushroom soup can up about ⅓ of the way with Marsala wine then fill to the top with water.
- Pour the liquid over everything.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on high 04 – 05 hours until the roast is tender.
- Remove the roast to a cutting board and let rest about 10 minutes.
- Place vegetables in a serving bowl.
- Pour gravy into a separate bowl or a gravy boat.
- Slice roast across the grain.