My honey brought home a beautiful bunch of fresh broccoli the other day. I knew I wanted to make a salad with it, but I wanted something other than my usual broccoli salad. I rummaged through the pantry and came up with the following recipe. I topped it with my favorite sour cream based celery seed dressing. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and celery seed. I like to just mix the dressing in the same bowl that I use for the salad so I don’t have to dirty extra dishes!
Chop the broccoli, dice the onions and apples and add them to the bowl with the dressing. Add the almonds and raisins to the same bowl.
Stir everything together really well until everything is combined and coated with the dressing.
Cover and chill in the fridge for ½ hour to 01 hour to let the flavors incorporate. The longer you let it rest, the better it will taste. In fact, I think it tastes best the next day! Serve.
Broccoli Salad with Celery Seed Dressing
Celery Seed Dressing
- ½ Cup sour cream
- ¼ Cup mayonnaise
- 02 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 02 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 01 teaspoon celery seed
- 01 head of fresh broccoli, chopped
- ¼ Vidalia onion, diced
- 01 green apple, diced
- ¼ Cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ Cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and celery seed.
- Chop broccoli, dice onion and apple and add to the dressing.
- Add almonds and raisins to the bowl and stir to mix everything together.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for ½ hour to 01 hour so flavors incorporate.