With frigid temperatures across most of the Unites States, I thought it was a good time to whip up a batch of Summer Corn Salad. We’re fortunate enough here in South Carolina to be able to buy fresh tomatoes and cucumbers year ’round – even if they’re not quite as succulent as they would be in the summer months. That’s okay, though, this salad still reminds me of Summer picnics and barbecues. Maybe making a summer salad will encourage the temps to rise and Spring to arrive!
Whisk dressing ingredients together in a large bowl. Add corn and chopped vegetables to dressing.
Summer Corn Salad
Celery Seed Dressing
- ½ Cup sour cream
- ¼ Cup mayonnaise
- 02 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 02 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 01 teaspoon celery seed
- 02 cans corn, drained
- 02 large tomatoes, chopped
- 02 stalks celery, chopped
- 01 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- ½ Vidalia onion, chopped
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add corn, tomatoes, celery, cucumber and onions to the dressing.
- Stir to combine.
- Chill to let flavors incorporate.