Since this recipe calls for ½ pound of bacon, I actually cut the unopened package of bacon in half and use that. To make things even easier, I cut the bacon into small pieces before frying them. Not only does it seem to fry quicker, but it’s less messy!
Drain the bacon and add it to the bowl. Stir this all together, cover and throw it in the fridge for at least 01 hour. The longer you let it sit, the better it’s going to taste! It needs time to let the smokiness of the bacon infuse into the other ingredients.
After the flavors have had a chance to incorporate, dish it up and savor the yumminess!
Apple Bacon Coleslaw
- ¼ Cup cider vinegar
- 01 Cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ Cup honey
- ¼ Cup orange juice
- 02 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 02 teaspoons kosher salt
- 01 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 01 head of green cabbage, shredded
- 01 bunch green onions, chopped
- 04 small, green apples, chopped
- ½ pound bacon, fried crispy and cut into small pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk dressing ingredients
- Add cabbage, green onions, apples and bacon
- Stir until combined well
- Refrigerate 01 hour to overnight to let flavors combine
This dish really benefits from letting it set a few hours to let the flavors meld and the smokiness from the bacon infuse into the other ingredients!